Thursday, June 7, 2012

Album Review - Have You Ever... - Dead Ferret


"Come on, Buckbeak, come and get the nice dead ferret..." If you read that sentence in Emma Watson's voice... you rock. You'll also know where this pop-punk band got their name. Now, as we all know, I'm a bloody Potterhead, and should just go wander around Scotland trying to find Hogwarts. So, when I saw a Potter page doing a promo for promo on a band called Dead Ferret... you can bet your sweet hippogriff mother's bum I clicked on that. And, it turns out, there's an EP out also? Nice. So, here's a nice, fresh review for you guys!!


1. First World Problems - Reminiscent of both Nirvana and Green Day, and paired with a female vocalist that is pretty good. Very catchy track, and danceable. The best feature is definitely the vocalist - it's rare I find a female singer I like, but this girl's pretty good. Ends sooner than you'd like, though. 

2. I Don't Sleep. - Fast paced and calls to mind the roots of British punk - namely, the Sex Pistols. Nice energy, and gets you tapping your foot when it starts, and you won't even notice it.

3. Methabone - To be honest if my iTunes didn't pause for a moment, I wouldn't have noticed these are two different songs, as the rhythm section is pretty much the same thing. Catchy, but this is my least favorite of the three.

Overall rating: 4/5.

If you want to download Dead Ferret's latest release, (the full name of which is actually Have You Ever (Been As Far To Go To Want To Do Look More Like)) check out their Facebook page. It's a definite must have, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment